Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog Post 13

No Technology


8:30 - The mission began.

9:55 - My boyfriend and I went and saw a movie at a movie theater.

12:30-8:30 - I slept.

10:00-2:00 - I went to the Leadership Summit for the Jaguar Marching Band.

2:00-6:00 - I went shopping.

6:00-8:30 - I took a nap.

Some people asked me why I didn't just pretend I did the assignment and make up stuff, and I told them that I wanted to see if I could actually do it. It turns out I can. I did break a few of the rules, though. I used my cell phone as my alarm, and when I got a text message, I looked to see who it was from to make sure it wasn't important. However, I didn't read the messages (most of them were from Facebook). I think this is a good assignment to participate in because it really shows our dependence on technology. I had to go shopping and find things to keep myself busy just so I wouldn't be tempted to use technology. I almost failed a few times, but luckily it only took one try.

Our students are going to come into our classrooms not knowing a world without technology. Pretty much everything they do in their lives will revolve around it so we need to accommodate that and incorporate it into our classrooms. We will have to teach them the importance of technology and how to use it effectively for learning. We owe it to them to teach them in ways that they will understand, and technology is that way.

1 comment:

  1. "Some people asked me why I didn't just pretend I did the assignment and make up stuff, and I told them that I wanted to see if I could actually do it." I'm glad you did and I am glad you almost made it. And you understood the point of the exercise.

    Concise. Well written.

    ReplyDelete